When looking for fun in Cape Town, most people think of the beach or of going to the Waterfront. Thrill seekers on the other hand tend to walk the path less travelled. But where can the adventure be found? They go where the wild things are – or were, in some cases.
These 10 spots offer some of the most exciting experiences that one can find in Cape Town:
- Animal lovers will enjoy the Alpaca Farm in Wellington. These is a great adventure for families with kids of all ages, and at R50 per general ticket it’s fun that is guaranteed not to break the bank.
- Simon’s Town offers the chance to go sea kayaking with the local penguins. Sea Kayak Trips offers this at R350pp for a two hour trip in Simons Town.
- If you prefer to meet sea animals without the bother of a boat you could always try snorkelling with the seals in Hout Bay which is bound to be an unforgettable experience.
- If you enjoy secluded places then Smitswinkel Bay Beach is the place for you, but be warned there aren’t any lifeguards there.
- A lover of outdoor experiences should definitely try a scooter ride down Table Mountain. Scootours Cape Town offers the chance to ride a big wheel scooter for up to two hour down one of Cape Town’s most iconic landmarks.
- Those who prefer solving puzzles and brain teasers would absolutely love the HintHunt Escape in the Old Biscuit Mill, Woodstock. Players are put in one of two rooms where they have to flex their brain muscles in order to escape and win.
- Secret Sunrise/Sunset is a silent disco before dawn/ dusk where party-goers wear wireless headphones and dance under the setting/rising sun.
- Groote Schuur Zoo is a great place for lion lovers especially with its history of lion attacks. The now abandoned zoo makes a great destination for a more relaxed adventure.
- Lovers of spookier adventures can check out the abandoned Conradie Hospital in Pinelands. The hospital was scheduled to be demolished until it was bought by the department of Public Works in 2006.
- A hike up Lion’s Head Mountain is the best adventure in the city that we would suggest… if done at night! Night hikers can be seen from the distance as a light trail moving on the mountain. Wally’s Cave makes the trip even better because it’s a cool pit-stop to take pictures and it’s also a bit spookier at night for those wild at heart among us.
And lastly, your transport around Cape Town needn’t be a big worry as you can rent an iconic VW Citi Golf and have an adventure in style. So, if you want to adventure around Cape Town, then here are some amazing ways to do so.